“I pray not only for these, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word, so that they may all be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You.
That they may also be in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.” - The Gospel of St. John 17:20-21

Thursday, December 15, 2005

12-15-05

How "Transformers: The Movie" Made Me a Catholic!

In short: I came into full communion with the Roman Catholic Church at the Easter Vigil in 1997 from a Southern Baptist background. I was in my senior year in a Baptist college where I had been studying to become a minister. It was my reflections on the following passage from the Gospel of St. John that finally led me join the One Church that Jesus founded.

"..Holy Father, keep them in thy name,
which thou hast given me,
that they may be one, even as we are one." - Jn 17:21

I like to say that "Transformers: The Movie" Made Me a Catholic! ;o) This was probably my favorite movie when I was a kid. In TTM, Optimus Prime with his dying 'breath' says, "Till all are one!" It was my search for unity that allowed me to be open to the truth about the Roman Catholic Church.

No comments: